January 12, 2010

Job(less)

So last week I got a really nice little email from career services here on Koç campus that said that I had an interview at an Aerospace and simulation company here in Turkey. After dropping my resume off to them on a whim, I had landed an interview with a small but reputable company here in Turkey. One problem: the interview was scheduled during my Turkish final. After a fair bit of freaking out and then 50 mins of taking care of business and getting my interview rescheduled for Monday, I was back on stable ground.

The interview was the complete opposite of the trouble that it took to get there. Rainy, cold, windy weather closed the sea bus and an unfortunate series of events that canceled all the dolmuşes to the Asian side would have really ticked me off if I hadn't left 3 and a half hours before my interview. 2 taxis, a minibus, a bus, and a conversation with my maker I arrived suited up and ready for my interview.

Upon getting there a man who looked remarkably like my Robotics professor started the interview in the elevator on the way up to the office. Little did I know, that my interviewer was his little brother. -It really is a small world- This make the 3rd person in his family I have met (the second was my Robotics professor's wife, aka my Systems of Vibrations professor). With the way things are going, I am just waiting for an introduction to the kids so they can call me uncle Jordan. 3.25 hours later and a lunch on the company they ask me to name a price.

I've decided on a pretty nice sum. I will tell them tomorrow. Let's see how this turns out...

No comments:

Post a Comment